Friday, August 1, 2008

I'm sitting in my new bedroom...

and it's bigger than I thought even with 58584 boxes around the bed. Yesterday was a longggggggggggggggggg day that started at just before 6am when I got up to be sure we had everything set aside still so they didn't put it on the moving truck. The day before they came and packed us. OMG THERE IS NO WAY I'D HAVE MADE IT THRU A DITY!!!

Yesterday started out kinda bad. When Red got there, the new house, to wait for the COX Cable guy (Priorities you know. We have internet even if there is hardly no time to use it and I have the DVR box set up so I can record all my stuff. TV may not be on the wall but I'll see my shows eventually!) the joint was a MESS. I couldn't leave b/c we were waiting for the movers to come get our stuff (Red's Mom was not one of the authorized people to do that) to see what he meant or to help him clean. He had a bucket, some rags and some bleach and did a dang good job with a cursory cleaning. They came, loaded, then took the stuff to the new joint. In that 2 bed 1 bath ~900 sq ft apt plus a closet storage unit they said we had 7000 pounds of stuff. DANG!

So we get here and they unload. I direct some stuff. Get out our bedding and dump it on the bed. Take those boxes back to the apt b/c there's stuff there that needed to stay while I cleaned it and got started. OMG THANK YOU MS.D FOR COMING TO HELP ME!!! I would have never gotten done had you not come over! So the cleaning got done, the carpet guy came and did his carpet thing then I came back to the house. Needless to say I'm in a foul mood b/c I'm tired and things don't seem to be going right b/c now we need to clean this joint.

PS I haven't eaten dinner but Meredith had napped with Grandma and she had eaten pretty well today. Every time I saw her, wayyyyyyy less than normal, she nursed like a fiend. Enough to clear the too much milkness in seconds. Poor girl. Red got me a salad from Wendys, we all sit to the table and eat a snack/my dinner. Then start walking around snapping pictures of the evil.

YAYA for internet b/c I compose an e-mail to our new landlord chick at like midnight with Red and his mother's help. It listed 13 things that we had issue with and included pictures. I went to bed mad and not looking forward to today. I woke up like an hour ago and checked my e-mail. 3:48 the landlord had e-mailed back apologizing for all the issues. She will be here Saturday with her dude to fix what they can, they will deduct the cleaning from next month's rent (she's mad here b/c she paid someone she normally uses to come in and clean which I thought she had b/c she's not a dirtbag) and an electrician will come early next week for the other minor electrical issues. Granted I still need to clean b/c I need to put my stuff away and can't wait for the ocean maidservice people to fit us in, but that's ok.

I did go to the gyn this week. Uneventful. Acually, it was eventful. It didn't hurt like the past 2 so the scarring from my episiotomy must be all happy now. That makes me happy. I have a neuro appt next week and it's late enough in the afternoon so that Red can go. Good b/c he has questions too and I also have bloodwork to get done. Meredith is not a fan of bloodwork even if all she's doing is watching.

I will say that yesterday I seriously over did it. I'm only awake, ok this may not be the only reason, b/c my arms hurt like a bitch and feel like lead weights. Last night I was IMing with Jfrenchname and I had to just stop b/c my arms hurt so badly. I stayed cool, mostly, but I didn't listen to my body when it said to sit down. After I clean the kitchen I will go much more slowly. Oh and Meredith's bathroom needs cleaning again ours does too but that can wait, except the toilet b/c I do need to pee at night you know. Fortunately the bedrooms just need to be unpacked. They repainted so the walls are all new and the carpets have been shampooed so that's not a big deal either. OH OH and I dumped our old vacuum so today I will be buying a new one. :) I love moving. Hehe.

My new phone is awesome. I have a TREO with unlimited texting now as of the nex billing cycle so feel fee to text me. ;) It's awesome really b/c it alarmed yesterday several times to remind me about my meds and other stuff I sure as hades would have forgotten to do. YAYAYAY that was it's purpose.

So if I forget to update my address and you want it shoot me an e-mail and I'll send it to you. The phone numbers haven't changed. Off to read the boards and look up some cleaning tips so maybe I won't have to stink everyone out of here with the fumes of what I normally use in the kitchen.

2 comments:

Diana from Dallas said...

well, lots to do but, you are moved yay.
I really like my Treo. you probably will too.
I also have unlimited text so, feel free to text me too.

Ramona said...

I'm so glad that the worst is behind you! I HATE moving! I don't think I've said that yet! LOL!